è ufficiale: il remake de il corvo si fà! leggi le news

« Older   Newer »
-V-
view post Posted on 1/4/2009, 17:59 by: -V-

ecco cosa pensa Alex proyas (il regista del corvo) riguardo al progetto del remake...

It seems lately that Alex Proyas is out to piss off everyone in Hollywood. I think he feels he should be the new “Stone Cold” of directors the way he keeps cutting promos! First off while doing press for the Knowing he blasts the studios, burning bridges left and right. Today news comes out thanks to Digitalspy.com that Proyas is against a remake of the late-Brandon Lee film, The Crow. Proyas states:

"I have nothing to do with the remake of The Crow. That's other people involved with that and I wouldn't even dream of remaking the movie, because as far as I'm concerned that's Brandon Lee's movie and that's why I finished the movie - in memory of Brandon. That's the only reason I finished it actually.

"So the whole notion of remaking it, to me, is just ridiculous and I'd have nothing to do with it, as I've had nothing to do with any of the sequels or the TV show or any of that stuff."

The only thing I can agree with in regards to Proyas comments is that a remake may be ridiculous. That is only my opinion because Hollywood seems to be on a recycling craze as of late. Now is it Brandon’s movie? The Crow character will forever be owned by Lee for sure, the same way Heath Ledger will now forever be associated as the definitive Joker. However the role was owned by Jack Nicholson before that. Point being, no matter how good one actor is there is a better one that will follow. It’s no different than if Christopher Nolan came out against the casting of new actor as the Joker in Batman 3 (Let’s see how long before outlets start saying the joker’s in Batman 3!)

I for one loved the first Crow, and am not opposed to a remake if it were done right. Unfortunately, Hollywood has a losing record when it comes to remakes thanks in part to today’s MTV style of film making. So relax Alex; give another actor a chance….I think Brandon and Heath would have been in favor of giving a fellow actor an opportunity to shine.

fonte: http://www.latinoreview.com/news/alex-proy...row-remake-6436

17 replies since 17/12/2008, 19:21   1174 views